Railway Day 2012
In 2012, the traditional holiday for all railway technology enthusiasts falls on Saturday, 29 September. The largest events will take place at Brno Main Station, where a range of interesting expositions and a rich accompanying programme have been prepared for visitors. Let yourself be enchanted by the railway and come to the station, where things are happening! Admission is free of charge.
The programme of National Railway Day in Brno will take place at Brno Main Station (Brno hl.n.) and around historic station building.
The all-day programme begins at 10:00 a.m. and you can visit World of Entertainment (Svět zábavy) with a programme for children and adult visitors, World of History (Svět historie) with an exposition of historic locomotives, or World of Change (Svět změny) on the railway with tours of modern carriages and locomotives.
World of Change
- Modern and modernised carriages
- Modern locomotives and railcars
World of History
- Historic and special carriages
- Steam locomotives
- Diesel locomotives
World of Entertainment
- Stage with performances by the musicband Lightmotif
- Cinema Train and Little Train of Toys
- Draisine race
- Elfík (ČD’s elephant mascot)
- Children’s carriage
- Photo studio
- Cinema Train with screenings for children
- Stands with gift items and refreshments
- Restaurant carriage
- The Lightmotif music band will perform on the main stage in several blocks throughout the day